Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hey everybody, this is Rob.


The computer was free while everyone finishes dinner, so I just hopped on to let you know that your prayers are working. We even survived our day off. Though, to be honest, it might have been the toughest day for me. I started off by visiting a tent village, to take some medication to children with ringworm, infections, and cerebral palsy. By 2pm, I was snorkeling in the Caribbean. The incongruence was staggering. And, to be totally honest, if I am going to chill out, I’d rather do it with my family. No offense to the team – they have all been great.

In fact, the camaraderie has been family-like. Teasing, but encouraging; joking, but seriously processing together. No one has been stand-offish, domineering, or inflexible. The conditions have been challenging, but our interactions have been great. I can honestly say I wasn’t so sure as we had our first meeting – it is a very disparate group, but our dynamic has been a real blessing to me and I think to our fellow laborers as well, both in the clinic and on the job site.

Anyway, I thought you’d want to know that your prayers are working. Keep them up, as we’ll be putting in our last full day tomorrow and it could be a challenge after a day off. Though, to be honest, most of us were chomping at the bit to get back to work by mid-afternoon today.

We love you all, our families and church family, and we will see you soon!

Rob